East Texas State Fair is excited to announce twelve internship opportunities for agriculture education students. These internships are a great way to gain experience teaching, while adding an unique experience to your resume.
Interns will develop lessons plans and present agriculture topics to K-8th grade school groups in Discovery Texas
. Through this experience, you will develop skills in classroom management, curriculum development, student engagement, and public speaking. Date:
September 24 - October 4th, 2020Hours:
7:30 am – 12:30 pmLocation:
Tyler, TX Type:
Two positions are available in each of the following topics: Poultry, Dairy, Corn/Grain, Hay/Grass, Renewable Energy, and Pollination/Floriculture.
- Developing an engaging ten-minute lesson about the topic assigned.
- Teaching the lesson to groups of 10-20 students (approximately 20 groups/day).
- Keeping students’ attention for the duration of the ten-minute lesson.
- Tailoring presentation for different grade levels from K-8th.
- Answering basic questions about assigned topic.
- Keeping students engaged with hands-on activities and enthusiasm.
- Reporting to station on time every day.
- College student with at least 15 hours of agriculture classes.
- Agriculture or agriculture-related major.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge in at least one of the above topics.
- Punctuality, dependability, and professionalism.
- Enthusiastic and engaging personality.
Students will be responsible for their own transportation and accommodations. Lunch will be provided each day. Letters of recommendation will be available upon request following the fair.
Deadline to Apply: July 15, 2020
Use the form above to apply.