Contest Support provided by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Education Association
The 2021 Youth Fashion Show will be judged through submission of entries, worksheets, and videos. There will be NO onsite fashion show. Details will be available by December.
There are 3 Levels:
- Elementary - grades 3 through 5
- Middle School - grades 6 through 8
- High School - grades 9 through 12
There are 5 Divisions:
- Construction - Students construct a garment using traditional sewing methods and techniques. There are 3 Categories - Casual, Dressy/Formal, and Specialty.
- Nontraditional Construction - Students construct a garment from non-fabric items, such as duct tape, and without traditional sewing methods. There are 3 Categories - Casual, Dressy/Formal, and Specialty.
- Smart Buying - Students do comparison shopping to purchase a garment. There are 3 Categories - Casual, Dressy/Formal, and Specialty.
- Design Embellishment - Students embellish a garment with paint, novelty notions, or trims. There are 4 Categories - Paint, Novelty Notions, Trims, and Mixed.
- ReDesign - Students redesign and change an existing garment. There are 2 Categories - Repurpose and Restructure
- Event Plan & Design - Middle School or High School teams create a design plan for the Youth Fashion Show and one of the 1st Place teams will get to decorate for the Fashion Show.