Contest Support provided by UT Tyler School of Education & PsychologyTo REGISTER STUDENTS beginning October 18, click here for the General Info page and scroll to the Register Students section. You can also access a document, How to Register Students on that page.
The Kinder Critters Contest allows Kindergarten students to express themselves through art and creativity. Under the teacher's supervision, the students create a "Critter" using everyday items such as cotton balls, toothpicks, playdough, pinecones, etc. which will be placed in a shoe box for display. Accessories may be added to the shoe box display by the child. A creative name is given to the Critter and is displayed in the shoe box.
The only assistance from the teacher is gluing the Critter into a shoe box to provide protection for the creation while it is being transported and on display.
- All students who do not place receive a participation ribbon.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places are awarded and up to 3 Honorable Mention awards are given.
- Place winners receive a medallion .
- Honorable Mention recipients receive an Honorable Mention ribbon.
- Special Recognitions may be awarded at the discretion of judges.