Contest support provided by Tyler Junior College Art DepartmentTo REGISTER STUDENTS beginning October 18, click here for the General Info page and scroll to the Register Students section. You can also access a document, How to Register Students on that page.
The Academic Rodeo Art Contest is designed to showcase the artistic talents of students in 1st through 12th grades. Places are awarded in each grade level.
The subject of the art is the student's choice, but the primary focus is creation of a two-dimensional piece. When paper, fabric, yarn, etc. are added to the drawing, the additions should add texture, not depth to the work, and should not add weight, making it difficult to display for a long period of time.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places and up to 3 Honorable Mention awards in each grade level.
- Place winners receive a medallion.
- Honorable Mention recipients receive an Honorable Mention ribbon.
- Special recognitions for Best Black & White, Best Drawing, Best Use of Color, Most Creative, Most Original Concept Most Suitable Title may be awarded in each grade level and receive a ribbon award.
- Others receive a participation ribbon.